Field Technician - Mountain View, CA
IDAX is a multimodal data collection company providing public agencies and private clients with accurate and meaningful data to serve any data-related needs that they may have. Our team of experienced professionals help clients by providing functional, timely and cost-effective data collection solutions tailored to the unique challenges of individual projects. IDAX is going through a period of rapid growth and we are looking for a highly motivated Field Technician who wants a position offering a lot of room for growth.
The Field Technician is responsible for putting out and picking up data collection equipment in the field. The successful candidate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented thinker with the desire to work most hours out in the field, sometimes in inclement weather and odd hours. This role will include data entry and directional orientation and navigational skill is a must.
Job responsibilities include:
- Driving to and from office and job site
- Set out and pick up data collection equipment in the field
- Manual in-field data collection
- Data entry
- Do what is need to complete the required tasks (focus on safety, utilize navigation skills, interact appropriately with the public, manage time carefully, pay attention to details and maintain organization of information and people)
- Represent the company in a professional manner and demonstrate the IDAX corporate values in all interactions
Requirement for Application
- Obtained an Associates or Bachelors Degree or working towards one.
- Desire and willingness to work outdoors, sometimes during inclement weather and at odd hours when needed
- Ability to read maps and navigate to job sites – a strong sense of direction and attention to detail is a must
- Great teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- A constant vigilance for safety in order to protect the field crew in various traffic conditions
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a dynamic environment
- Learn quickly - able to get up to speed with new software programs and training
- CA driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must pass background check and be able to qualify for clearance to gain access to secured client sites (no criminal history)
- Basic competency in Microsoft Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
At IDAX, we're shaping the future of data collection. We are an employee-centered firm that attracts the most talented professionals in our industry. IDAX nurtures a culture of collaboration, mutual respect and teamwork in all that we do. We all have a passion for excellence and get to work on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in our industry. If you have a passion for what you do and want to work within a great team, we want to hear from you today! Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
At IDAX, we're shaping the future of data collection solutions. We are an employee-centered firm that attracts the most talented professionals in our industry. IDAX nurtures a culture of collaboration, mutual respect and teamwork in all that we do. We all have a commitment to excellence and get to work on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in our industry. If you have a commitment to what you do and want to work within a great team, we want to hear from you today! Please send your resume to HR@idaxdata.com.
Provide quality Transportation and asset data solutions through high level engagement and creative processes to achieve more effective data decisions.
- Quality & Service - Understanding our clients' needs and providing them with the best service possible.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Working together and holding one accountable.
- Integrity - Being reliable, honest and respectful in all our interactions.
- Passion - Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Safety First - Ensuring the safety of our employees and improving the safety of our community.
- Innovating Solutions – Leading the industry with new ideas and technologies that benefit our company, client and community.